Remai Mitchell IBCLC RM
Our first meeting will generally take 60-90 minutes.
Follow up appointments may only require 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the complexity of your challenges.
For follow up appointments, in addition to in-person consultations, I offer phone consults if these issues are simple to talk through and resolve.
My rate is $130 per hour. Home visits within my catchment area will attract an additional $20 fee.
If you live outside my home visit region, you can book an appointment at one of my clinic rooms.
Contact me to check when and where my next clinic day is.
As your Lactation Consultant I can support you to reach your breastfeeding goals. I can also assist you in optimising bottle feeding, gentle weaning,
care following frenectomy (tongue tie release) and suck training. I can also assist in teaching your infant or toddler to "undo"
dysfunctional sucking and swallowing habits while optimising healthy oral tone and function. You can also visit me to check that your baby is gaining weight.
Some other things you might approach me for support with include:
- Preparing for breastfeeding before your baby is born
- Concerns about milk supply
- Tongue and Lip Tie (Oral Restrictions)
- Breastfeeding older toddlers
- Supplementary nursing systems
- Breastfeeding a surrogate child
- Relactation (Breastfeeding after weaning has occurred)
- Breastfeeding mutiples
- Tandem feeding
- Sore nipples
- Breast and nipple infections
- Weaning off nipple shields / bottles
- Returning to work